Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tech Tuesday: Kinect

Tech Tuesday tells about the techie side of me!




As a body-conscious person, I love doing physical activities that would keep my body fit.  I have a flair for all-things extraneous as mentioned in Fitness First!  My fitness sessions last year ended with Zumba but lasted only until February because I got really busy that I didn't have much time to attend to my health-buffiness anymore.  But now that I had adjusted with my work loads and schedules, I am so lucky to get back into being physical again!  Fortunately after my Zumba craze, I have found a new discovery which is the Kinect. 

Kinect is a motion sensing input device by Microsoft for the Xbox 360 video game console.  Based around a webcam-style add-on peripheral for the Xbox 360 console, it enables users to control and interact with the Xbox 360 without the need to touch a game controller, through a natural user interface using only gestures and spoken commands (Wikipedia.com)

Dancing Impacto (Remix) with my sissy, June Ann
I was so amazed on how Kinect-technology works!  With just standing in front of the device, it can detect all your bodily movements.  You can choose from a variety of hip dance songs by just waving your hand.  And off you go dancing with the visual instructors!  The dance steps can be easy, medium, or hard depending on your dance background.  But entirely, they are easy to follow if you could also catch up with the pace.    
Dancing Rude Boy with my cuzzy, Rio
After dancing with the beat of a whole song, I already sweat a lot!  I found it better than Zumba because I didn't end up panting too hard.  I considered it as only playing a game.  But with this game, I got benefits by burning extra calories from my body. Then my body ached the day after.  But I was still happy because it is in a good way!  

Doing exercises had never been this fun!  Thanks to the advent of such advanced technology that keeps on wowing us.  Let's do Kinect again when Vian arrives in town this Friday!:)

No comments :