Wednesday, October 31, 2012

It's More Fun to Wakeboard!

Camsur Watersports Complex (CWC)
Wakeboarding had its beginnings in the 1980s which was developed from a combination of water skiing and snowboarding.  It is a surface water sport that involves riding on a wakeboard while being pulled through a cable over the surface of a body of water.

As a sport-nonloving and sun-hating person, wakeboarding doesn't sound appealing to me.  But as we arrived in CWC, I was thrilled!  Just one look at a certain person wakeboarding made me think that I've got to try it!  So without any second thought, I rushed into the registration for some wakeboarding paraphernalia!
Gearing-Up for Adventure!
Then I was off to my first try!
The Sitting Stride
Unfortunately, the first try was unsuccessful so I went for my second try.....
The Water Stride
Surprisingly lucky, I got a success from my second try!  I was elated by the moment I stood up!  I felt like a pro and was so overwhelmed with the very good outcome as a beginner.  Now I experienced a "beginner's luck"!  And thank heavens I got wonderful shots!
Another Simple Wish Granted
On the other hand, success comes with failures.  So want some behind the scenes of this wakeboarding beginner's luck?  Have a glimpse of my semplangs and just imagine all the water that entered my nose and swallowed!
Not So Epic Fails
With the not so braveheart I have, it was good enough there's water to catch me.  'Coz in contrast with zipline in which I consider death-defying, there's really nothing to catch you when you fall.  Thus, it's more fun to wakeboard and you better try it!  Visit CWC in Pili, Camarines Sur for that totally awesome adventure!
Credits to Atty. Hadji Hidlao for the Photos