Friday, August 29, 2014

Katutubong Kasuotan Then and Now

In celebration of Buwan ng Wika, La Salle University had decreed a Katutubong Kasuotan Day a few years back.  Since I failed to post a story on this last year, I'd like to take this opportunity to post one now before the month-long celebration ends.  

So here's my first ever photo with my Lasallian students.  They were my Physics 1 laboratory class, 1st sem of SY 2013-2014.  They are IT students who don't like physics and just want to create programs instead.


The next photo is the class wherein I had my first ever class observation by a seasoned teacher before PAASCU inspection last year.  My students were only a few that I didn't have any problem with classroom management.


To end that day of last year, here's my night class wherein I had my first (and hopefully last) ghost encounter in La Salle.  I nearly fainted at that time!


And now, here's my new batch of IT students.  They are still very kulit like high school kids!  I could say that they are having that identity crisis wherein they are confused whether they are still kids or already grown-ups.  They goof around during lab time especially Roy!  This group is just so hilarious!


Last but not least, here's my all-girls Physics class.  They are education students whom I could consider the class that has the biggest improvement in dealing with Physics.  Looking back last prelim, they were sooooo l-o-a-d-i-n-g.  But now, we can connect easily like bluetooth and are already on the same page!


Occasions as rare as this gives us the opportunity to take photos.  Isn't it great that once in a year, we're gonna pay tribute to our nationality?  Through this, we are teaching our children the value of patriotism.  Wearing our katutubong kasuotan enables us to feel the true heart of being a Filipino.

But I wonder what I'm gonna wear next year.....

2013 and 2014 OOTD
I never thought I'd be wearing these costumes from a long time ago! Left was worn last 2003 for a chorale compet which our college won 2nd place and right was last 2004 for folk dance which we also won 1st place! Then I was never a total geek in college after all....