Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Whimsical Wednesday: Slum Book Fever

Whimsical Wednesday shows my fancy in a myriad of beautiful things.  


My Collection of Autograph Books and Slum Books


The second week of March is the time to slowly bid goodbye to our classmates for the meantime.  We will be parting ways for the following whole two months for summer vacation.  And in order for us not to forget each other, we give tokens of friendship.  But being students, we couldn't afford to give each classmate such things so we just buy autograph books and slum books to be signed by all!

My first encounter with autograph books and slum books was when I was in Grade 5.  One classmate brought an autograph to class and technically, all girls followed.  We exchanged autographs and slum books to be filled-in with information, to be answered whole-heartedly, and to be written with some sweet notes in dedication.  We were really crazy over it because we can have the chance to get to know our crushes more!  
My Entries for My Grade School and High School Autographs
For the record, I had all my crushes signed my autographs and slum books!  They couldn't get away with it because I had my friends to back me up.  There's just this one classmate who vandalized my slum book so badly that I couldn't decipher who he was now.  On contrary, I got an "I love you" from an anonymous classmate.  Hmmm....Would I ever find out who he is now?


It is so funny reading all I had written before especially in the "favorites" part.  I couldn't even remember if those were really my favorites.  But mind you, I had my ambition realized.  If you could just read closely, I put in there "To become a businesswoman."  Then successfully, I am one now!  (Though I'm still struggling.  Hehe.)  Anyway, at least that dream came true!
Some Notes from My Dear Classmates
Back in the olden days, our parents called these stuffs "slum books".  In our days, we called them "autograph books".  And kids nowadays call them "profile" (Leveled up!).  Now that's an evolution of terms!  No matter what we call them, they are all the same that give us joy!  They inflict fanaticism and mania to us!  And it is so good to read them again today which brings back good 'ol memories.   
                 

No comments :