Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tech Tuesday: My Precious Cameras

Tech Tuesday tells about the techie side of me!


Anything in my possession are all products of hard work.  Every material thing that I have has its story with corresponding processes before having it in my hands.  Say for instance, I had scavenged for bottles and sold 'em to junk shops so I could buy paper stationeries when I was in grade school.  I had sold candies to classmates so I could buy hair clips and hair ponytails.  Additionally, I had saved up more from my weekly allowance rather than eating during recesses so I could buy some material "wants".

Then in college, I had resourced into selling Avon products to take hold of a precious dream, which is having my very own camera!  It was the cheapest manual camera at that time.  The brand was at the peak of its popularity which offered free roll of film after having the pictures of spent film developed.  With the use of this camera, I was always surprised with the outcome!  I had printed out pictures of people's feet with the ground only, captured blurry landscapes, and developed dark photos because I had covered the flash with one of my fingers before clicking.  

My First Manual Cam
Just right after I purchased my manual cam, the digital camera was introduced in the market.  When a certain college classmate had one, we were so amazed to see our photos right then and there!  Much more, we were thrilled upon seeing our pictures in the big computer screen!  Then I realized that my new cam is already obsolete.

So I dreamed again of having a digicam.  And this was realized when my aunt gifted me with a Singapore tour after graduation in college.  This time, I had sacrificed not to eat and skipped some tours in SG just to save up a whole lot from my pocket money to buy my second camera.  It was such a great opportunity since electronics in SG are cheap plus I was a tourist so I had purchased my first digicam tax-free!
My First Digital Camera
And as I've written last April (Dreams Do Cam True!), another dream of mine did really cam true just recently!  I now have my very first DSLR camera!!!  So let me introduce to you, my second splurge!
My First DSLR Camera
When I started blogging last year, I had plenty of things in mind to feature.  But, I was quite hesitant because I was ashamed with my old digicam.  Luckily, God blessed me with these online jobs so a million thanks to my virtual bosses, James Jackson and Kazeem!  Through their generosity, I had the license to make my second splurge. So watch out for more features here in The Other Side of Mae!  

In viewpoint, desiring for material things is not bad.  It will only turn bad when you do undesirable means in order to acquire 'em.  So my advice to you my dear blog readers, if you want something, work hard for it and don't you dare borrow or loan some money to have it.  Do save up so you can have your "want" in God's perfect time!:)

  

No comments :