Friday, March 07, 2014

Feature Friday: LSU Art Exhibit 2014

Feature Friday highlights businesses, people, fashion, and basically anything under the sun!

With G2B trending every night, it seems like everybody is inspired to become Chichay!  Even I myself is enthralled into arts again and so aching to put my hands on a brush and a palette.  But time constrained me to do so but thanks to the Culture and Arts Office of La Salle University-Ozamiz for having their art exhibit last February 26, 2014.  With the theme "Arts on the Edge:  Arts for Healing.  Arts for All.", I was greatly amazed by the talent our artist students showed.  With this, my painting dream had at least been fed!  So here are a few of my faves! :)

Title:  Set Free
Artist:  Quennie Joy L. Bacabis
Title:  Alivrance
Artist:  Danna Delle M. Castillo
Title:  The Aftermath
Artist:  Eliah Jeanne Angelfern Zamoras
Title:  A Talent Behind Darkness
Artist:  Ardenne Kim Simeon

The paintings that were showcased look like being done by pros!  I may not be an artist but I can say that these paintings are excellent!  I stood there mesmerized by the display of colors, emotions, and ideas.  Especially the painting entitled Set Free.  I lingered over it and returned into it over and over again.  Oh, how I wished I could bring it home!  But the paintings were unfortunately not for sale.  

So let me just say congratulations to all our artist students and LSU Culture and Arts Office for a job superbly done!  Keep on painting and may you have a bigger exhibit and hopefully an auction in the near future! :)

*Images above were taken by my phone only.  My apologies for the images without caption.  Credits to the owner of the paintings.