Thursday, November 27, 2014

Casa Verde

Photo from Casa Verde's Website
It was my then boardmate in Iligan and roommate in Cebu, Engr. Jennifer Felisilda who first introduced me to Casa Verde.  She always bragged about their baby back ribs and by the time I tried one, I couldn't ever forget how divine it tasted!  It was superb to the max!  The tenderness of the meat melts in your mouth, the sweetness of the sauce lingers in your lips, and the hint of spices plays a myriad of flavors in your tongue.  After that night in Ramos, Cebu City, I officially declared baby back ribs as my favorite dish in the world!


Casa Verde is a Spanish term for "green house", the color of the ancestral family house in Ramos which became the very first Casa Verde restaurant in 2002. (source:  Casa Verde's official website) For more than a decade, the humble restaurant grew to become an American-style casual dining chain of restaurants.  And I am elated I have had visited their Ayala branch in Cebu for a quick lunch the day after Cherry Ann's birthday last week.  With that, I was overjoyed to try the new additions to their menu aside from their house specialty, baby back ribs.

Giant Burger
Giant Shake
Carbonara
So for serious eats, visit Casa Verde in any of their branches listed here in Cebu and also in Manila.  Oh, how I wish there'll be Casa Verde in Ozamiz too so I don't have to wait years to have a taste of their back ribs again.

Ruth Getting Ready for the Umph of the Hefty Ribs
Quennie Enjoying the Mouth-Watering Ribs
See You Next Time, Casa Verde! :)