Thursday, March 21, 2013

#throwbackthursday

In lieu of Instagram’s famous hashtag #throwbackthursday, I had my first post today which was my first laboratory class at Medina College.  Oh, how time flies so fast!  I am now on my fourth year in teaching (part-time) General and Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Analytical Chemistry to BS in Pharmacy, BS in Medical Technology, and BS in Nursing students!  I couldn’t believe that I had gone this far in my teaching career!
Photo Credits to Ms. Louieginette Aba, Registered Pharmacist
Recalling the day when Ms. Felma “En2x” Luceño went to the store to ask me to substitute for her, I was so hesitant to say yes.  I was still on my second year teaching high school students and I  lack a great deal of experience in teaching.  Much more, I would be handling higher chemistry subjects which means needing a lot of mastery to teach.

Luckily, my first batch of students was so generous to consider, so eager to learn, and so diligent to study.  Together, we ended up Biochemistry and Analytical Chemistry with plenty of learning from each other.

Then came my second batch – my all-girl pharmacy group.  This time, I started Chem 1 and carefully laid out the foundation of chemistry with them. I wanted them to perfectly understand the whole context of chemistry that I became so tough to them.  Forgive me, dear students for the sleepless nights and group studies I caused you.  And as I had promised on the first day of our class, I really did finish you through until Chem 3.  Now that makes all of you my babies in chemistry.
Intramurals 2011
Pharmacy Week 2012
Intramurals 2012
Pharmacy Week 2013
Semester after semester, batch after batch, four shirts had said it all - my life goes on in Medina College.  Despite all my “lates” in coming to class (given that I would still be travelling from MUHS), my students would be there patiently waiting for me.  I am still overwhelmed with the feeling of fulfillment in imparting knowledge to every student who comes my way.

So for the next in line, look forward for tougher chemistry courses as we aim for the new and bright horizon in modern education.  But guaranteeing that we’ll play a lot more in the laboratory!
BS Pharma - I (2012-2013)
And for those who were through under me, I would really love to see all of you being licensed pharmacists wearing your white coat legally!
BS Pharma - II (2012-2013)
 Visit Medina College at Maningcol, Ozamis City or click here to visit our website.


No comments :