Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Lola Romy's 89th

I didn't have the chance to grow up bonding with my real grannies.  My Gma Luz, papa's exuberant mother passed away when I was 3.  On the other hand, my Mama Pasing, mama's Kapangpangan mother also passed away when I was 3 1/2.  What on earth could a 3-year old child remember?  But for the record, I think I do remember how my Gma was ailing in her deathbed and I was actually there when she died and I also do remember how my Mama Pasing was being fed through NGT in the hospital and she died on my father's birthday.  Yet, these are only vivid memories.  Memories that are not lovely and fun.  Memories of not having the chance to know my real grandmothers.

However, there are grandmas who came along my way!  Growing up, my childhood was sweetened by Lola Cheding of Mom's Sweet Delight with her treats and tricks (at times.  hehe).  She even represented my Gpa during my debut.  Aside from that, every time I pass by the Pingol gate of Ozamiz City Central School, there was always Lola Romy and her bazaar of candies welcoming me to school!  

Lola Romy was my Ninang Naida's mother.  Ninang was mama's best friend together with Auntie Rose.  The three of them always saw each other before and I was always in tow with mama.  (I hope me and my chogs will also remain friends until we each have our own families.)  So I came to know my mama's besties' whole families including their siblings, cousins, and other relatives.  Plus, I got to have two instant grandmas, Lola Romy and Lola Lauret!
Family Sunday with People I Grow Up Knowing
And yesterday was Lola Romy's 89th birthday!  She celebrated it last Sunday at Bethany Gardens and all her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren were present to be with her on her special day!  Even relatives from distant places also came to grace the occasion and as a family, we were so honored to have join them in this momentous event of Lola Romy's life.


Happy happy birthday once again, Lola Romy! May good health always be upon you and may God shower you with more blessings!  Thank GOD for giving you such a long life for us to have the chance to have a grandma.  Thank you for the biscuits and candies you gave me as baon in going to school when I was little.  That means a lot to me until now for I feel so loved.  To have experience being loved by a grandma which I will treasure and cherish forever.  We love you! :)

Opps, and I got to see Auntie Lilibeth again.  She came all the way from Ohio for her mom's 89th birthday.  Not to mention, I looked up to her when I was a child.  She's always fab as ever!


Thanks for the invites, Chiong family!  More blessings to come for the whole family! :)


Pretty set-up by Achie Chudney and Terrel, cakes by La Europa Bakeshop at Gegee Megamall, and photos by New Lam Chiong.  More #tosomevents to come, blog readers! :)

No comments :