Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Weeklong Sinulog Special: Sto. Niño Exhibit

"My parents among the numerous people were also hopeful pilgrims asking for healing from Sto. Niño (see My Adventures - My First Remembered Travel).  They brought me to Cebu every year during Sinulogs (aside from my weekly check-ups at Chong Hua Hospital and Cebu Doctors’ Hospital) to pay homage to the miraculous child Jesus.  But my Cebu visits during those trying times were only limited to the hospitals, Gaw (an old department store at Colon), and the Sto. Niño Basilica."
- Excerpt from The Queen City of the South - Cebu (My Adventures)

Like millions of Filipinos, I was also a devotee of the Sto. Niño de Cebu until I was born again.  But being born again doesn't mean that I do not have respect to the Sto. Niño anymore.  For me, I can worship God whenever and wherever I am because He is omnipresent.  And although Sinulog is a Catholic religious festivity, I still celebrate with it as thanksgiving to God for my good and perfect health up to this time!  With that, let me share to you some antique and one of a kind Sto. Niño images I had captured during the annual Sto. Niño exhibit at Ayala Center Cebu.

A Wooden Sto. Niño
A Chinese Sto. Niño
Another Wooden Sto. Niño
A Baby Sto. Niño
A Mini Sto. Niño
Another Baby Sto. Niño
A Cancerian Sto. Niño
A Libran Sto. Niño 
Sto. Niño for Year 2014
With these various images, the Sto. Niño is not just a religious artifact.  Millions of people believe that the Sto. Niño is the miraculous child Jesus.  Like me, I asked for healing to Sto. Niño when I was a child.  Today, I always thank God for healing me and giving me an extended life! :)

Sinulog 2007 and Sinulog 2013