Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Redtail Shrimps and More


To nurse a broken heart is to eat.  To eat is to find the best food.  To find is to go to a far-flung place.  And to go is to have the cure.  Haha!  Does that even make sense?  I'm sorry for this late post but I shouldn't miss featuring this seafood resto in Cagayan de Oro City - Redtail Shrimps and More!


I love the sailor-theme interior of Redtail.  It feels like being in a luxurious cruise but you don't have to act in luxury because you can just be yourself, eating their scrumptious catch with your bare hands.  Just like Bucket Shrimps in Cebu, Redtail's shrimps are served in a variety of sauces namely Redtail Style, Garlic Butter, and Coco Loco.  I'm a gata-loving person so I love the Coco Loco so much.  But for those whose stomachs get easily upset with coconut milk, the Redtail Style is yours to have.  It has a unique blend of sweetness, saltyness, and spicyness with a sort-of-Mexican taste.  Aside from the shrimps, they also have crabs, mussels, pork, and chicken which makes the resto a friend to all especially to those who are allergic to shrimps and crabs.

Shrimps in Redtail Style
Shrimps in Coco Loco
Baked Mussels
Chicken Tenders
Getting down with your hands dirty makes your Redtail experience a whole lot of fun!  What more with good friends to share the experience with?  You'll surely enjoy eating more, not just to fill your stomach but also to fill your heart with love.  Thank you so much to Ruth for treating us to lunch!  And thank you to the Mandal family for the bonding with your lovely kiddos!


I may not had an instant cure from this trip to CDO last second weekend of this year, but I'm glad I came.  For what is more important is the quality time I had spent with my friends and their family.  Support system, eh?  I've got a whole bunch of army!  


Visit Redtail Shrimps and More either in their two branches at Papa Juanito's Square (Limketkai Drive) or Don Apolinar Velez St. (across Sentro 1850), Cagayan de Oro City!